This page is the link to training videos and self-assessment survey for use by participants in the Western Wisconsin Mental Health Access Audit and Benefits Counseling Project centered in Polk County, Wisconsin. Over the course of the next two years ABC for Rural Health, ABC for Health in Madison, and My Coverage Plan will be using the self-assessment results to guide our production of brief training webcasts and to track any changes in knowledge, attitudes, and practices at partner clinics.
The self-assessment is divided into two parts. Field testing indicates that each part will take approximately 20 minutes to complete. Because of this length of time, the survey is designed so that you can leave it open on your computer as long as you need to in order to fit this in among your other daily activities. The survey will not time out, even if you leave it open overnight. However, if you close your browser window before you have completed the survey, none of your work will be saved.
Project Vision and Mission
Vision Statement All insured and uninsured individuals who seek mental health or substance abuse treatment services at network clinics in Polk County will have effective access to affordable coverage, benefits, and treatment services.
Mission Statement The Mental Health Access Audit and Benefits Counseling Project network serves mental health and substance abuse treatment seekers by assuring that providers receive specialized training, support, and access to new health care financing technology and that patients receive health benefits counseling services, enrollment assistance, referrals to expert resources, policy review, and legal advocacy that will reduce the number of individuals who are unnecessarily and incorrectly denied access.
The project is managed by ABC for Rural Health, Inc. A non-profit, public interest law firm in Balsam Lake, Wisconsin. ABC has been providing benefits counseling and legal services to Wisconsin families for two decades. You may contact ABC’s local director, Mike Rust, by phone at (715) 485-8525 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Counseling and Psychological Services Department, St. Croix Regional Medical Center, St. Croix Falls, WI
- Polk County Human Services Mental Health/Chemical Dependency Department, Balsam Lake, WI
- Peace Tree Counseling, LLC, Osceola, WI
- Polk County Health Department, Balsam Lake, WI
- ABC for Health, Madison, WI,
- My Coverage Plan, Madison, WI
- The Wisconsin Partnership Plan of the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
- The Office of Rural Health, Health Resources and Service Administration, United State Department of Health and Human Services
Below are links to the two parts of the self-assessment survey.
If you have any questions please contact webmaster